Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public
Basic protective measures against the new coronavirus
- Wash your hands frequently
- Maintain social distancing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Practice respiratory hygiene
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
- Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider
- Protect yourself and others from getting sick
- Stay at home if you begin to feel unwell, even with mild symptoms such as headache and slight runny nose, until you recover. Why? Avoiding contact with others and visits to medical facilities will allow these facilities to operate more effectively and help protect you and others from possible COVID-19 and other viruses.
- If you develop fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical advice promptly as this may be due to a respiratory infection or other serious condition.
- Call in advance and tell your provider of any recent travel or contact with travelers.
Calling in advance will allow your health care provider
to quickly direct you to the right health facility.
This will also help to prevent
possible spread of COVID-19 and other viruses.